Source: Vistage CEO Confidence Index – Q1 2012
National Confidence Index
- CEO Confidence Index vs. Percent Change in GDP Year-over-Year
- CEO Expected Change in Employment vs. Percent Change in Employment Year-over-Year
- Compared with a year ago, have overall economic conditions in the U.S. improved, remained the same, or worsened?
- Do you expect your firm's profitability to improve, remain about the same, or worsen during the next 12 months?
- Do you expect your firm's total number of employees will increase, remain about the same, or decrease during the next 12 months?
Confidence Index Details
- During the next 12 months, do you expect the overall economic conditions in the U.S. will be better, about the same, or worse than now?
- Are your firm's total fixed investment expenditures likely to increase, remain about the same, or decrease during the next 12 months?
- Do you anticipate that your firm's sales revenues will increase, remain about the same, or decrease for the next 12 months?
- Do you expect prices for your product or service to increase, remain about the same, or decrease during the next 12 months?
- When do you plan to increase your firm's total number of employees over the next 12 months?
- What is the most significant business issue that you are facing currently?
- What is the biggest challenge your business is specifically facing now? (check all that apply)
- Are you finding it easier to obtain credit for your business now than you did six months ago?
- You expect the Healthcare Reform Bill (The Reconciliation Act of 2010) to:
- While the economy appears to be on the upswing, and CEO confidence is increasing, what are you as CEO doing with that renewed confidence?
- Have you learned how to make your business more productive with fewer employees?
- From the perspective of your business, identify the top three economy-related issues that the president we inaugurate in January will have to resolve.
- If my tax burden as a small business owner was lower, I would use the savings to:
- If you answered yes to question 17, which state would you choose?
- Do you believe recent data showing economic improvement signals a longer term trend toward economic growth?
- Is your company a family-owned-and-operated business?
- Do you identify yourself as: